29 Jun 2013

What If?

     My monthly challenge isn't finished yet, but I didn't wanted to give myself excuses not to write monthly challenge post, so what if l show what I have done so far.

My "dumplings" on the stick.
     I had "Pastel Dreams" cane since beginning of summer 2012. Polymer clay canes can be kept for years, just need to know how. I keep mine in plastic tubes and containers and it's fine.
     I had a plan that I would like to make a sheet with the slices from this cane combined with white and translucent white clay. I also had a new shape to try. I had a "what if?" moment when playing with wavy beads and was trying to see what else I can do. Basically it is folded bead in my interpretation. I was told that they look like "pelmeņi", Google translator says it's dumplings in English.

Before playing with acrylic colours.
      
     Anyway, when I made these beads I liked the shape, not so much how sheet has worked out. So here I was saying to myself what if I try acrylic colours. I have been intrigued about use of acrylic colours and inks with polymer clay for a while so I decided to try.
     I googled to make sure I'm doing what I supposed to do and started to play. Picture on the top of this post shows the result after today's painting. I'm thinking to varnish them for lovely shiny finish, but also thinking what if I give them another coat of paint.

It is good size bead, light and colourful.
     At the moment it's quite hard to imagine finished piece, but I think I have to leave these beads for a couple of days and come back with fresh mind. This often works for me.

     I already have an idea for July challenge! Someone special is getting married so I am thinking what if I create special keepsake. Hope I can come up with something really original and sweet.

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Julia is right - peapods, but filled with candy instead of peas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like peapods version even better than dumplings, never thought about that myself. Thanks you both for this lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beads. Both the shape and the colors!



    Blogging Buddies
    <><
    http://ChristieCottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie, glad to hear you like them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Lovely...I especially like how you played with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the beads look really effective. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them. I'm Sian I found you on Etsy teams and stopped by to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoy colours.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!