31 Aug 2013

Playing With Clay

     To be honest I'm quite speechless at the moment and it's not because my Monthly Challenge project would be something extraordinary. Simply I was trying to do so many things today and also wanted to finish this blog post before September arrives. Some people say they work better under pressure and get more things done and it's true, but it can be nerve wrecking too.

     It is second month in a row when I'm challenging myself  with bracelets and I am having great fun. As you can see I have gone big and bold with them! This time I wasn't worrying too much about colours and finish, just wanted to try an idea. My intention was to make wide bracelet with strip of clay twisted around. At first I was planning to attach strip to the bracelet but then decided to make bracelet separate and form strip of clay separate. Next step after sanding  was to twist strip around in desired way and fix it with button detail! It is quite simple project but I will keep exploring and better sketch and write down all the ideas I had during making process before they are gone.
 
 
     I'm looking at the  picture on the top and it feels like I have just created new accessory to go with my wool jacket. Great, roll on September!


Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I like blended materials , mix polymer clay and fabrics , looks nice, in the pic even seems there is a lace as well..lovey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margarita, mixing materials is great idea and sometimes we can have very interesting results.

      Delete
  2. Wow I love it ! Looks so pretty and very cool ! You are very creative Liga !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thanks for your generous comment, it's always interesting to try something new.

      Delete
  3. very innovative. Love the blue and white - looks like denim and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours Liga and they are also in trend for Winter 2014 so should be a good seller for you, well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, I like the colour mix too, one of my all time favourites is blue, particularly navy blue, but recently I discovered pure blue. Great colour!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!