13 Mar 2013

Trends & Inspiration

     It sometimes confuses me when people ask about inspiration and then even before I manage to answer they mention exotic journeys, because in their opinion my jewellery has tribal or ethnic look. I never tough about it in these categories, for me it is just my design. The most exotic place I have been is Uzbekistan and I would lie said that experiences and impressions don't leave prints in my mind. Of course they do and mix with other my experiences, and then probably secretly sneak in my work too. 

Pendant, bracelets and earrings Valg Studio
     
     In general inspiration for most of my work usually come from small details in man made world, for example, architecture, textiles or even biscuit packaging and then it start to grow, grow until we see final piece. I feel that I am still only at the beginning of my creative journey and the best ValgStudio signature pieces are still to come. I have a dream.

     Today while preparing this blog post I was also reading about fashion trends for this year and was glad to notice that Tribal trend is popular for Spring/Summer 2013. Tribal jewellery can give your outfit really great flavor without wearing tribal prints and accessories if you are not excited about this style.
Earrings Dolce & Gabbana, Tassel Necklace Matthew Williamson

      I recommend to read Etsy Trend Watch Spring 2013. If you are a seller it can be useful information, but if you aren't and don't care about these things yourself it's still no harm to know. It's quick and easy for eye overview.

6 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to respond, too, when people ask me about my sources for inspiration. Like you, it comes from many sources -- yes, architecture, product packaging, contrasts and colors I see everywhere, and then it gets mixed around in my subconscious and . . . voila, something comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I love that little spark of an idea popping into my head and taking unexpected turns. It was great to hear from you, Nan!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work! It's amazing how inspiration can come from anything or anywhere! I'm a new follower from the Blogging Buddies Team
    www.cresslerphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi, I hope you will enjoy following my blog.

      Delete
  3. I thought I'd stop in from www.fabridashery.co.uk to wish you the best of luck with CRAFTfest this week :) Kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri, hope it goes well for all of us involved in CRAFTfest.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!