20 Feb 2014

Brooch To Dress Up Your Look


     Brooches are an excellent way to accessorise yourself and to add that final touch that will complete your look doesn't matter what's the occasion. In this blog post you will find short musings about how to photograph jewelry and images with Shoe Brooches.

     More and more often I hear that it is recommended to have modeled photos for your wearable items to promote them better, especially if you sell online, for example on Etsy or your own website. I agree that it is easier for customer to imagine how the jewelry will sit on a real human body and also well modeled photos can get lots of attention, but there are some good reasons why people avoid using models too. I found great article "Using Live Models when Photographing Jewelry - Yes or No?" very informative.

      I have to find the perfect way to present my work yet.  Even though I have couple images in my Etsy shop I modeled myself and I think they turned out alright, I really enjoy photos where the jewelry is seen worn by its owners. Like these two lovely ladies wearing my Shoe Brooches recently. Very feminine looking! I couldn't be more happier! 

     I'm also sharing two pictures I took a while ago for my Etsy shop to help the viewers get a better idea of how the Shoe Brooch would look on. It's definitely not an easy job!






     Please feel free to add your thoughts or experience about using models when photographing jewellery and also have a look in Valg Studio Etsy shop for some shoe brooches available at the moment.

Take care,

Liga

8 comments:

  1. This is a great article. I am actually taking new pictures of my inventory modelling it too. I am hoping to get some nice weather to use natural light. My jewelry is really colourful so showing the colours as close as possible to the original is important to me too.

    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luisa, you are welcome and wish you success with photos!

      Delete
  2. Acutally, the photos really do make it so much easier to see what size the brooches are. But I like the pic on the label as a main pic on a listing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne-Marie, I guess more playing with camera and backgrounds and one day we will get there.

      Delete
  3. This is interesting Liga,
    I guess for a jewelry artisan it is important to give some ideas to customers how your item was thought... it is not always obvious..for example I can imagine this beautiful shoe in the pocket on the top of the coat..in a shirt ..on a scarf..its nice and cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margarita, I agree and it really does help to imagine how the jewelry will look when it's worn.

      Delete
  4. The last two photos are really nice - I think it's a really subtle way of showing the size of the brooch without dragging rulers and coins into it :)
    And your friends look very stylish and well put together on their evening out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly, very good point about rulers and coins. :) Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!