14 Jul 2013

New Bangles

     For my monthly challenge post I have some new bangles to show. They were inspired by workshop with Ronna Sarvas Weltman at Ennis Creative Arts Centre where I participated with friend and feltmaker Nicola Brown last weekend.
     We were a small group and Ronna had plenty teachable moments for us. At the beginning it was a little bit confusing which techniques to try and what to make. I particularly liked demonstration for ring with wire inside and top embellishments. It is at least two step project and when I say this I mean it is with two baking rounds. I decided to use this technique for wide bangle. In the past I made bangles with wire mesh inside but always wanted to explore more.

Glazed wide bangle with stitched edge effect.

     I couldn't put all my ideas in one bangle so I ended up with two bangles and I also made matching ring. Overall I'm happy with outcome and I like this shade of blue because there is plenty possibilities to match it with different outfits. Denim jeans, linen dress, navy skirt - all good. Unfortunately I won't be able to wear bangles myself because they are slightly too small. When I made base it  slided over my wrist quite easily, but when I added inside layer it become to small. I have to keep that in mind when I make next bangles. Will definitely make more and show of results.

Unglazed bangle and ring inspired by workshop with Ronna Sarvas Weltman.
     I also want to mention that these bangles are made from Premo polymer clay. Polyform Products were supplying or workshop with lots and lots of Premo blocks and it was very interesting to try it for the first time. It is much softer and in my opinion with stronger smell than Fimo polymer clay. I also noticed that glaze looks more shinier on Premo but I will experiment more before I say it for definite.
At the moment I'm looking forward to holidays and will be packing my luggage  very soon!

     Click  HERE if you would like to read more about this workshop!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!