31 May 2013

Mosaic Cane

     May is the first month of the summer here in Ireland. While it's definitely not one of  the sunniest countries in the world living in Ireland's sunny south-east would give us a little bit more chances. I could say that summer and recent sunshine must had some impact on the colour choice for my latest monthly challenge project. I worked with yellow, white and gold effect Fimo.

     Blending colours, making Bullseye canes, cutting them into 48 triangle shapes and building my Mosaic cane took a good few hours of work. It's not a proper Mosaic cane, but it has mosaic effect and I still have to cut more slices to see design fully.


     It is still very much a work in progress but I managed to play with the new cane a little bit. I am in love with my wavy shape beads at the moment and that's why there is more wavy pieces made, including this bracelet and ring.


       Sending lots of sunshine  your way! Liga

8 comments:

  1. every time I read about your work I want to try it for myself. It looks like such a fun material to work with, with so much scope and possibilities. Love the wavy beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne-Marie, thanks for your lovely comment. That would be great fun and I would like to hear how did you get on, or maybe sometime in the future we can have some polymer clay afternoon together. :)

      Delete
    2. maybe a skills swap sometime? Though I don't know what new skill I could offer you! I did a couple of skills swaps with other Etsy people in the past. Great fun..though I didnt want to invest in more materials and equipment as I just have no space for them, but it's fun to have a go at something new.

      Delete
    3. Sounds great, summers are busy, but maybe during autumn or winter we could meet up and try something new!

      Delete
  2. Love the colours, its incredible how you create! Look forward to seeing them in reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I am also looking forward to see everyone's wonderful work in Creative Carlow Pop Up Shop!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!